LCJGT Tour Championship at Lancaster Country Club
The LCJGT Tour Championship, held at Lancaster Country Club, is intended for the most qualified players from our top divisions to play a very challenging course against strong competition. The tournament winners of the Boys Gold and Girls Gold Divisions are presented with the Walters Cup, a traveling trophy, and will have their name added to the trophy’s name plate.
Participation in the Tour Championship is by invitation only. Players can earn an automatic invitation to the event by accomplishing one of the following:
- Finish in the top 3 in a Boys Gold regular event or in the major tournament
- Win a Girls Gold regular event or the major tournament
- Win a Boys Silver regular event or the major tournament
The Tour Championship field is limited to 40 players total from the Boys Gold, Girls Gold and Boys Silver Divisions. Players from the Gold Divisions have priority in filling the field.
The number of players from each division varies from year to year based on participation levels and scoring averages of players in each division. The Championship Committee determines the number of players from each division to be in the tournament field following the final regular season event.
After the Championship Committee determines the number of players in each division, the field will be filled by invitation and acceptance in the following sequence:
- Automatic qualifiers from each division
- If there are less than 4 Girls Gold winners, fill a foursome of Girls Gold starting with the player with the lowest scoring average not already invited
- If there are less than 4 Boys Silver winners who have not moved up to the Boys Gold Division, fill a foursome of Boys Silver starting with the player with the lowest scoring average not already invited
- Boys Gold players invited in order of the low to high scoring average until the field is full
- Girls Gold players invited in order of the low to high scoring average until the field is full
- Boys Silver players invited in order of the low to high scoring average until the field is full
To be eligible to play in the tour championship, players must have completed at least 4 regular events during the season. Players must also be in “Good Standing” on the tour following the final regular event of the season.
The points for the championship event are double regular events points and weigh heavily in determining the player with the most points for the season and winner of the Golf Etc. Player of the Year.
Players in the Girls Silver, Boys Bronze, and the Futures Divisions at the end of the season are not eligible for the tour championship.
The tournament fee for the Tour Championship is the same as regular season events. We are not able to offer practice rounds at Lancaster CC.