LCJGT Division Descriptions
Playing divisions are determined based on a player's age as of June 1 and the player's scoring ability. Players who have graduated from high school are not eligible to play in LCJGT tournaments.
|Division||Ages||Holes||Tees Played||Consistent Score Requirements|
|Boys Gold||13 +||18||Back||Under 95 from the back tees|
|Boys Silver||13 +||18||Middle||80-120 from the middle tees|
|Boys Bronze||9-12||18||Forward||Under 120 from the forward tees|
|Boys Futures||9-12||9||Forward||Under 65 for 9 holes from forward tees|
|Girls Gold||13+||18||Middle||Under 105 from the middle tees|
|Girls Silver||13 +||18||Forward||85-120 from the forward tees|
|Girls Futures||9-12||9||Forward||Under 65 for 9 holes from forward tees|
Players New to LCJGT:
New LCJGT players start in a Silver Division if they are 13 years or older. Players age 9-12 start in a Futures Division. First year LCJGT players may request to play up in a higher division if they can demonstrate that they can meet the scoring requirements. Provide scores from sanctioned tournaments, such as another junior golf tour event or high school golf. The Tournament Director approves all moves to a higher division. If you want to move up, please e-mail email@example.com with the request and score qualifications.
LCJGT Returning Players:
Returning players start in the division they played in for their final event in the previous year. If a player has turned 13 before June 1, they start the new season in a Silver Division. There are some exceptions where players are required or have the option to start in a higher division.
|Division||2020 Average||2021 Division||Optional / Required|
|Boys Silver||<= 85||Boys Gold||Required unless under 13 years old|
|Boys Silver||85.01 - 92||Boys Gold||Optional|
|Girls Silver||<= 87||Girls Gold||Required unless under 13 years old|
|Girls Silver||87.01 - 94||Girls Gold||Optional|
|Boys Bronze||< 85||Boys Silver||Optional if age 9-12|
|Boys Futures||<50||Boys Bronze||Optional if age 9-12|
|Girls Futures||<50||Girls Silver||Optional of age 9-12|
If you are eligible to play in a higher division, we will set the website so that when you register, you will be able to select the higher division. A list of returning 2020 players and their 2021 starting divisions can be found here.
Moving to a Higher Division during the Season:
Players have the option, or may be required, to move to a higher division during the season based on their scores in LCJGT events. Players may request to a higher division if they shoot a qualifying score. They can request to move up in any event after shooting a qualifying score. If a Silver Division player shoots 2 qualifying scores in their first three tournaments, they are in the wrong division and are required to move to the Gold Division in their next event. Once a player moves up, they cannot move back to their previous division. Requests to move up should be directed to the Tournament Director or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Exceptions to the requirement to move up:
- If the Silver Player is going into 8th grade of lower, they are not required to move to the Gold Division
- Bronze and Futures Division players are not required to move up
Qualifying Scores needed to move up to a higher division:
- Boys Silver & Bronze qualifying score – 10 over par or better
- Girls Silver qualifying score – 92 or better
- Futures qualifying score – 55 or better for 9 holes
Why should I consider moving to a higher division?
- We encourage players to challenge themselves by playing in the highest division where they are capable of being competitive
- The tour championship at Lancaster Country Club is primarily for the Gold Division players. We only take a minimum number of players from the Boys Silver division to fill the field.
- Only Gold Divisions are eligible to play in the Junior War of the Rose event
What happens to my points if I move up?
Points are not able to be carried from one division to the next. When a player moves up, they get credit for attendance points for each event that they played in the lower division. (5 point for each event played, 7.5 for the major).
If I qualified for the Tour Championship by winning a Boys Silver event, can I lose the invitation by moving up?
No. If a player wins a Boys Silver event and elects to move up to the Boys Gold Division, he will automatically be invited to play in the tour championship in the Boys Gold Division regardless of his scores after moving to the Gold Division.
How is my average score calculated if I move up to a higher division?
The website keeps a separate average for each player / division. It will calculate an average score for events played in each division and does not combine scores from different divisions.
- The Boys Bronze division may not be conducted if we don't have enough participants. In that case, participants will have the option to play in either the Boys Silver division or the Boys Futures division.
- If events fill up, we may limit the number of Futures players, particularly in events with shotgun starts